the 90′s where Erica Badu, De Angelo, Balil, Music Soul Child, India Irie, Jill Scott, and a host of others came into existence. Many artist during the 90′s from this genre of music really started touching the souls of people. Artist in these genres were gaining a lot of fame, but the music community has not pushed this New Soul, or Neo Soul to the masses of music lovers. Is Neo Soul every going to get justice ? I don’t really think so cause the people are not demanding the radio stations play more of these artist.
The music community has not pushed these, or other artist to the forefront of the music business. I wonder has soul music been compromised and put on the back burner ? Neo Soul is an art form that is most need to heal and up lift the soul of people.
Visit: store.gospelmusicians.com :: Fundamentals of Neo-Soul is ready! Don’t miss the free downloads at: :: Learn Hip-Hop Production and Neo-Soul chords. Urban Piano.
A Candid interview about the historical role of Soul Music in shaping Neo Soul Poetry and HIP HOP and of the Historical genesis of Hip Hop as it emerged out of a Gentrified NY City and a break down of Neo Soul Poetry as it emerges thru Hip Hop
- ERYKAH BADU SYDNEY CONCERT AFTER PARTY: DJ Lo Down Loretta Brown aka Erykah Badu, SUN 19TH JAN (NEO SOUL, FUNK, HIP HOP, DISCO) (soulofsydney.org)
- Has Neo-Soul become Neo-Boring? (lovelifeandhiphop.com)
- D’Angelo comeback: Is neo-soul music stuck in the past? (thegrio.com)
- Friday on My Mind: Local Artists to Watch Out for in 2012 (kexp.org)
- Soul of Sydney Block Party Picnic #6: the Erykah Badu Picnic Tribute (soulofsydney.org)
- Miss Amerykah (somethingnewfortoday.com)